THE DATA CONTROLLER AND THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER.
- WHAT ARE PERSONAL DATA?
The term “personal data” refers to personal information of individuals, which identifies or can help identify an individual, such as, but not limited to the individual’s: name, date of birth, postal address, identity card/passport number, income, cultural profile, email address, contact phone number, location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address (the Personal Data). There are certain specific categories of Personal Data, the processing of which is in principle prohibited, and which include ethnic or racial origin, religious, philosophical and political beliefs, membership in trade unions, sexual and reproductive orientation, genetic or biometric health data and others.
WHAT IS THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA?
The processing of Personal Data can include any act or series of acts performed on Personal Data with or without the use of automated means, including the collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, information retrieval, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, limitation, deletion or destruction of Personal Data.
THE COMPANY’S WEBSITES.
- As part of its activities, the Company operates and manages the following two websites:
On the one hand, the website https://cchub.eu (the Company’s Website), where you may access a range of services offered by the Company, such as the viewing and storing of information about the Company’s activities as well as those of the Company’s strategic partners or the submission of requests, questions and comments to and with the Company, through the use of the contact form, and
- On the other hand, the website https://platform.cchub.eu/ which is the website of the Platform, the Company’s activity central axis (the Platform Website, and together with the Company Website, the Websites), where you may, among other things:
- preview, view and store material related to the activities of the Company as well as those of the Company’s strategic partners,
- navigate and peruse through the database of information collected and operated within the Platform (the Database), view, process and store material that is located in the Database through the use of the various search tools,
- navigate, search, view and store material located on the websites of the various agencies’ websites;
- access free educational programs and seminars that are available either on live streaming or videotaped (on demand),
- access the electronic content of scientific journals, articles and books,
- create an account and register as a user of the Platform in order to be able to interact and communicate with the other registered users of the Platform, by participating in communication forums, by submitting questions, comments and requests to the other registered users, and
- search and apply for career opportunities and participate in educational and professional programs, use which is available only for registered users.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Company collects only Personal Data that are absolutely necessary, appropriate and suitable for achieving the relevant intended processing purpose, as those processing purposes are described below. The type of Personal Data that we collect differs, on the basis of which Website you use.
Accordingly, when using the Company Website, the Personal Data that we collect includes the following:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Company Website traffic data and other information about your visits to and use of the Company Website, including but not limited to external source, duration of visit, page views and website navigation path.
- In case you have made use of the contact form on the Company Website, the contact information you enter in the contact form for the purpose of our reply to you, i.e. name, surname, telephone number, electronic address (e-mail).
- On the other hand, when using the Platform Website, the Personal Data that we collect includes the following:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Platform Website traffic data and other information about your visits to and use of the Platform Website, including but not limited to external source, visit duration, page views and website navigation path.
- Information contained in any communication you make with us via email or through the website, including communication content and metadata
- In case you have registered as a user by creating a user account on the Platform Website, the data you provide us during your registration and account creation, namely: first name, last name, telephone number, e-mail address and password/login password, VAT number, Postal address.
- In the event that, as a registered user, you wish to participate in training seminars or submit your candidacy to job advertisements, the additional data you provide us specifically for this purpose, namely: profile pictures, gender, date of birth, personal status, interests and hobbies, information about your education and employment and other educational information
Providing us with the Personal Data described above may be optional or mandatory. When the provision of Personal Data is required, the mandatory nature of the disclosure is marked by way of an asterisk (*) next to the Personal Data to be mandatorily provided. In the event that you do not wish to provide us with the information marked as mandatory on the Websites, it may be impossible for us to offer you the pertinent services for the offering of which Personal Data must be collected.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When visiting the Websites, the Company collects and processes your Personal Data, in order to amongst others:
– optimize the services offered by the Company in each of the Websites, and to generally better manage the use and operation of the Websites,
– follow up and communicate with your after your submission of requests (submitted by way of completing the contact form available on the Company Website),
– complete your registration as a registered user and to create your user profile on the Platform Website,
– promote job advertisements, on the basis of information and preferences you have submitted when creating your user account on the Platform Website,
– circulate a newsletter regarding the various actions and activities of the Company and those of the Company’s strategic partners, in case you have consented to receiving this information,
– collect and process data relevant for your participation in conferences and other actions organized by the Company,
– comply with our contractual obligations to you or in application of provisions of law or in execution of court decisions;
- – send email notifications about requests you make as a user of the Platform Website;
– maintain the security of the Website and prevent any fraud.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THE COMPANY?
The lawfulness of the processing of Personal Data is dependent on the type and purpose of the processing at hand, and is determined on the basis of Article 6 of the GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data listed above, is either:
– your explicit consent on the processing of your Personal Data, which you are requested to provide when visiting the Company Websites, and in particular your consent to the provision of Personal Data when creating a registered user account on the Platform Website, as well as when filling out the contact form on the Company Website, and
-the fulfillment of the Company’s obligations arising under the law (e.g. tax legislation, etc.).
Consent is defined as the declaration of intent that is explicit, free or coercion, specific and fully informed, made by the subject of the Personal Data and manifesting their agreement to having their Personal Data processed.
WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Access to your Personal Data is granted exclusively to the authorized personnel of the Company, which is limited to those individuals to whom the access to your Personal Data is necessary, and who are in any case always bound by a duty of confidentiality towards the Company.
HOW LONG ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA STORED FOR AND WHERE ARE THEY STORED?
Your data is stored in the Company’s systems, which are hosted on a server using resources from Hetzner’s data center infrastructure, in Data Center Park Nuremberg, Germany. The management of the server is carried out exclusively by a strictly limited authorized personnel of the Company.
It is explicitly noted that even if you have requested the erasure of your data, it may be possible that we nevertheless continue to retain some of your Personal Data, in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to substantiate, exercise and support any legal claim or counterclaim.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA BEING PROCESSED?
This section describes your rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, reservations or limitations. Please submit your requests responsibly. The Company will respond to you as soon as possible and in any case within one (1) month of receiving any request. If your request is going to take longer to process, you will be notified. To exercise your rights, you can contact the email email@example.com
(1) The right to information about the processing of your personal data
You have the right to request and receive clear, transparent and easily understandable information about whether we process your Personal Data , how we process your Personal Data , the purpose of the processing, the type of Personal Data that we retain, the period of time during which we store your Personal Data, any third parties with whom we share your personal data. You have the right to request and receive clear, transparent and easily understandable information about your other rights, as detailed below.
(2) The right of access
You have the right to access your Personal Data free of charge, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, unless your request of access is manifestly unfounded or excessive or has been repetitively submitted, in which case you may be charged a reasonable fee to cover the Company’s administrative costs.
(3) The right to rectification
You have the right to request the correction of your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company.
(4) The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your Personal Data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or there is no legal basis for their continued processing or at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to their processing.
(5) The right to data portability
You can request to receive the Personal Data you have provided in readable form or ask us to transfer it to another Data Controller.
(6) The right to restrict processing
You can request that we restrict the processing of your data pending consideration of your objections to the processing. In cases where processing has been restricted, your Personal Data remains stored, without further processing.
(7) The right to object and withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Data
You have the right to object, at any time and for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data, which is based on article 6 par. 1 item f of the Regulation (processing for reasons of legitimate interest of the Company). In such case, if there are no other compelling and legal reasons in favor of the continuation of your personal data’s processing that prevail over your right to withdraw your consent, the Company can no longer process your Personal Data .
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The exercise of the above rights requires the submission of a request to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “Exercise of Right”. The Company reserves the right to respond within one month of receiving the request at the latest, in accordance with the terms of the Regulation and its policies and procedures.
WHAT IS THE APPLICABLE LAW DURING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The law applicable in the processing of your Personal Data is Greek law, as formulated in accordance with GDPR, and in general the current national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of Personal Data . The courts competent to adjudicate any claim pertaining to the processing of your Personal Data are the Greek courts and in particular the courts of Athens.
DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO APPEAL IN CASE OF UNLAWFUL PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
For further information and advice on your rights or in case you with to file a complaint, in case of unlawful processing of your Personal Data or processing that is otherwise in violation of the national or European legislative framework protecting Personal Data, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Authority:
- Personal Data Protection Authority
- 1-3 Kifissias Avenue, 11523 Athens,
- Τ: +30-210 6475600
- F: +30-210 6475628
- Ε: email@example.com